Set 4 School
Welcome to Set 4 School - a unique learning place where children have fun, achieve success and develop confidence!
Set 4 School is a creative and innovative approach to learning and teaching that understands, provides for and encourages different learning styles.
Teaching strategies and learning experiences are multi-sensory, hands-on
concrete and active. All activities are meaningful, direct and focused.
Literacy, numeracy, social and emotional strategies and skills are explicitly taught.
The connection between a child's emotional and academic development
is understood and fostered. Circumstances that encourage and/or hinder
a child's learning are identified.
Families are supported and guided as each child's
individual learning needs are recognised and nurtured.
Learning and teaching is founded on the following principles:
- Every child is precious, unique and individual
- All children are capable learners and need high but realistic expectations
- Each child has his/her own learning style
- Each child has his/her own way of growing and developing
- Every child can be a successful, confident and creative learner
- All aspects of a child’s growth and development are equally important
- Learning programs must consider each child’s individual characteristics
- Learning programs must be developmentally appropriate
- Parents are their child’s first and most important teachers
Set 4 School was founded by and is owned and coordinated by local teacher, Heidi Smith. Heidi is a fully registered, Bachelor qualified teacher who has been educating children for more than 20 years. She has taught in Queensland and overseas. Committed to working with parents in the education of their children, Heidi is passionate about helping all children reach their potential. She specialises in understanding and supporting children with different learning styles. She is mum to a son and a daughter.
Set 4 School is close to parks with playgrounds, a large duck pond
and local shopping villages with a variety of cafes,
bakeries, supermarkets, take away shops and chemists.
You may like to visit one of these places whilst your child is learning at Set 4 School. Alternatively, you are welcome to wait at Set 4 School whilst your child's class is in progress.
29 January - 5 April (10 weeks)
23 April - 28 June (10 weeks)
15 July - 20 Sept (10 weeks)
8 October - 13 December (10 weeks)