Set 4 School
Welcome to Set 4 School - a unique learning place where children have fun, achieve success and develop confidence!
Set 4 School is a creative and innovative approach to learning and teaching that understands, provides for and encourages different learning styles.
Teaching strategies and learning experiences are multi-sensory, hands-on, concrete and active. All activities are meaningful, direct and focused. Literacy, numeracy, social and emotional strategies and skills are explicitly taught.
The connection between a child's emotional and academic development is understood and fostered. Circumstances that encourage and/or hinder a child's learning are identified.
Families are supported and guided as each child's
individual learning needs are recognised and nurtured.
Learning and teaching is founded on the following principles:
- Every child is precious, unique and individual
- All children are capable learners and need high but realistic expectations
- Each child has his/her own learning style
- Each child has his/her own way of growing and developing
- Every child can be a successful, confident and creative learner
- All aspects of a child’s growth and development are equally important
- Learning programs must consider each child’s individual characteristics
- Learning programs must be developmentally appropriate
- Parents are their child’s first and most important teachers
Motivated to provide a place for children of all ages to learn, grow and succeed, I created Set 4 School in 2010. Inspired by many great mentors, I have a thorough understanding of and expertise in supporting different learning styles, strengths and challenges and a strong commitment to nurturing children so they may reach their very unique potential. A fully registered, Bachelor qualified teacher, I am also mum to a son and daughter who are both high school students.
2020 TERM DATES
28 January - 3 April (10 weeks)
21 April - 26 June (10 weeks)
14 July - 18 September (10 weeks)
6 October - 11 December (10 weeks)